Saturday, July 28, 2012

Portraits

In my career thus far as a photojournalist I have struggled to make successful portraits. Portraits are the only type of photograph we (photojournalists) are allowed to completely control, yet I truly find it challenging. I have been shooting lots of portraits since landing a job at the Gwinnett Daily Post, six months ago. Below are a few recent portraits that I felt were acceptable.

Olympian swimmer Amanda Weir 

 Cody Smith owner stylist and his mother Joy Smith owner manager of Revival Hair Salon


Mechanics from an all female auto repair shop.

Amy Elk poses for a portrait where her sister Dominique "Nique" Leili was found dead almost a year ago.  


High school golf standout Cierra Hoyle.


Marine veteran and author Jedwin Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment